Image Map

Friday, November 7, 2014

Five for Friday

Here we go! So this week I was out at a convergent meeting with all the tech and media people in my county! Great minds coming together and sharing ideas. I am going to share some of those things through my Five for Friday!  Be sure to click on the picture below to link to Doodle Bugs Five for Friday!!

My first is SKYPE in the classroom.  I love it!  You can do a mystery skype and have students guess where the others live.  You can skype with others about anything.  YOU MUST go and sign up for skype in the classroom and connect with others.  Look in my sidebar, I am trying to get with others and skype about Holidays Around the World!! 
So much awesomeness at these meetings I couldn't help but share WONDEROPOLIS!  If you haven't heard of it you must go check it out!!  What a great way to get students ALL AGES to begin thinking! Matter of fact, I am presenting today!! HERE is the presentation.  I am tying it in to my research model process. Feel free to use it!!!

Oh My, such greatness from this conference.  Another thing I am learning is tweeting!  If you don't tweet, don't be scared.  It is an awesome way to spread the news, share ideas, connect with others and classrooms.  You can tweet with me at @summersusu!  Check out the Library Girl's tweet to.  There are so many tweet meetings and sharing times that you are missing out on so do it!!
So I am trying to do a weekly Throwback Thursday.  Just started last week.  I want to share tried and true ideas that you always go back to.  Who else wants to join.  So far I think my linky folks missed the idea that I want links to blogs writing about those tried and true things, not a link to a product.  HELP...maybe my linky party is a bust?

And last, We celebrated my youngest birthday :)
On the left, turned 6.  Where did the time go and my oldest on the right.  Got an amazing Living Social deal at Monkey Joes cause Lord knows I couldn't afford it otherwise.  We were able to invite the whole class!  We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment