Image Map

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Elementary Library Centers

Today is the day!  Ready to begin some collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and communication among my students.

As you may know I teach a fixed schedule (second year teaching a fully fixed schedule).

Today I started my library centers with 3rd-5th grade.  Usually I like to keep them around a theme like fall, or October.  I started out centers this year with things that are surrounded with the 4C's as stated above.

I am fortunate to have 28 iPads and 11 computers so most of my centers involve those tech tools.
I whipped up some center signs with "I Can" statements.


I am jumping on the #flipgridfever train and including it as a center as well. If you haven't checked out flipgrid, you must.  I think it is going to be a great tool!
I posted two flipgrid boards, one is a book review board and one is "If I had to choose a button" board where students choose a button based on what power they would like and why. "Critical Thinking!!"  I found the button pic on Pinterest when searching for flipgrid.
Here are two friends working together on their flipgrid.


So what's going on in your library this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment