Image Map

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Creepy Carrots

It's that time of year and FALL is my favorite.  I love the colors, the smells, the weather and most of all the books!!
My favorite is CREEPY CARROTS by Aaron Reynolds.
I love the illustrations and the cute story.

I read it to my second grade class and we talked about MOOD.  We looked at the pictures and talked about how the illustrator uses black and shadows to set the mood.

Before reading the story I showed students the anchor chart I made and told them what mood was.  Then I asked them the mood of this carrot.  



As we read, we stopped at points and talked about how the illustrations of black and shadows set the creepy scary mood.

Then we talked about different moods.
I created this freebie for students to create their own creepy character.  I asked them to choose any mood.  Some of the students really went off and turned out great!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the Creepy Carrots Mood. How can I get the printout. Looked on TPT but did not see it. Love you products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love the idea of the kids using any mood. I would also love a copy of the print out. Is there a way to get it?

    ReplyDelete